A favourite with every member of the family.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 8 oz (225 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) black beans or red kidney beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pkg (1 oz/35 g) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water
- 1 lb (450 g) Canadian Colby or Cheddar cheese sliced or shredded
- 6 large, about 9-inch (23 cm) flour tortillas
Cook beef in large non-stick skillet until no longer pink, about 10 min. Mix in beans, green pepper, salsa, taco seasoning and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook on medium low, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Arrange cheese in center of each tortilla. Spread about 1/3 cup (80 mL) of meat mixture over cheese; roll up tortillas and tuck ends under.
Microwave at HIGH (100 %), 2 tortillas at a time, covered with vented plastic wrap, for 1 minute.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||44 % / 444 mg|