This is the Spaghetti with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Clams and Scallops recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 6 oz (175 g) spaghetti
- 8 asparagus tips
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 6 to 8 sun-dried tomatoes soaked in warm water and chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tin clams
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) small scallops
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) clam juice strained
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) juice from soaking the tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sherry
- 1 pinch each oregano, thyme, garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Canadian Parmesan cheese grated
Sauté shallots in a little oil and add sun-dried tomatoes. Deglaze with sherry, add clam juice and tomato soaking liquid, then reduce for a few minutes.
Mix in scallops and clams. Add herbs, cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes.
Cook pasta and asparagus tips. Drain.
Place pasta in serving plate, garnish with asparagus tips and pour over sauce. Sprinkle with pepper and grated Canadian parmesan to taste.
Madame Sylvie DesrochersSte-Julie, Québec
Nutritional informationPer serving