This is the Spicy poutine recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- Frying oil
- 8 cups (2 L) sweet potatoes peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 lb (450 g) Red Hot Pepper cheddar cheese curds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 3 cups (750 mL) beef broth
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) tomato paste
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
In a fryer, heat oil over medium heat.
In a skillet, melt butter and brown onions over medium heat.
Add vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let boil 1–2 minutes.
Pour beef broth into skillet and return to a boil.
Add tomato paste, chipotle pepper, cumin and Worcestershire sauce while stirring with a whisk.
Let simmer until thickened. Season to taste.
Purée sauce in a blender and pour back into skillet. Bring sauce to a boil and then reserve. Keep warm.
Fry sweet potato sticks in hot oil until tender and golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
Divide sweet potatoes into 4 bowls, garnish with cheese, top with sauce and enjoy.
You can also make this recipe with regular cheese curds and it will be just as delicious.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 244 mg|
|Vitamin A:||136 %|
|Vitamin B12:||36 %|