This is the Spicy poutine recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- Frying oil
- 8 cups (2 L) sweet potatoes peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 lb (450 g) Red Hot Pepper cheddar cheese curds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 3 cups (750 mL) beef broth
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) tomato paste
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
In a fryer, heat oil over medium heat.
In a skillet, melt butter and brown onions over medium heat.
Add vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let boil 1–2 minutes.
Pour beef broth into skillet and return to a boil.
Add tomato paste, chipotle pepper, cumin and Worcestershire sauce while stirring with a whisk.
Let simmer until thickened. Season to taste.
Purée sauce in a blender and pour back into skillet. Bring sauce to a boil and then reserve. Keep warm.
Fry sweet potato sticks in hot oil until tender and golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
Divide sweet potatoes into 4 bowls, garnish with cheese, top with sauce and enjoy.
You can also make this recipe with regular cheese curds and it will be just as delicious.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 244 mg|
|Vitamin A:||136 %|
|Vitamin B12:||36 %|