This new twist on a lunchtime classic gets a fresh lift by omitting the mayo. Its spicy kick is softened by the natural sweetness of the grapes.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 12 small slices of crusty multi-grain bread
- 8 oz (225 g) Canadian Swiss cheese grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) red grapes sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pickled banana pepper rings
- 2 cans (6 oz – 180 g each) tuna packed in water drained
- Freshly ground pepper
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
Place slices of bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place some cheese on each slice of bread.
Place equal amounts of the remaining ingredients on each slice and cover with the remaining cheese.
Cook for 10 minutes in the oven or until cheese is melted. Serve with a green salad.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mozzarella, Gouda, Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||33 % / 361 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||152 %|