This is the Squash Salad with Grilled Peppers and Extra Old Cheddar recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) spaghetti squash cooked and cooled (shredded) or other squash of your choosing (Butternut, acorn, pumpkin, etc.) cut in strips and blanched
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) fresh basil chopped or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) Extra Sharp Canadian Cheddar diced small
- 4 cups (1 L) your choice of lettuce (Boston, romaine, leaf, mesclun, baby spinach, arugula, etc.) shredded (if needed)
Grill the peppers in the oven or on the grill until the skin is slightly blackened. Place the peppers in a bag or cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool.
In a bowl, mix the squash, onions, garlic and basil. Peel, seed and cut the peppers into strips. Add the pepper to the contents of the bowl.
Mix in the oil, vinegar and cheese. Season.
Serve warm or cold over the lettuce with grilled fish or meat.
Try with other cheeses : Cheddar, Canadian Swiss, Gouda, Provolone, etc.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving