This is the Steak burger with summer salsa and Swiss cheese recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Summer salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) bell peppers (your choice), diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) strawberries cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peaches diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 lb (450 g) thin inside round steaks
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 slices crusty bread or 6 thin whole-wheat burger buns
- 6 slices Canadian Swiss cheese
- 6 lettuce leaves
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Tear off a large square of aluminum foil and add a square of parchment paper to keep food from sticking. Place fruits and vegetables in centre and add chili powder. Wrap sides over the food.
Fold the foil onto itself, pressing firmly. Tightly seal the papillotes at the ends. Handle carefully so as not to tear the foil. Papillotes are properly sealed when they swell up during cooking.
Cook on grill for 7–8 minutes. Sprinkle steaks with cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook 4–5 minutes on the hot grill, turning them over just once. Heat the buns, fill with steaks and garnish with summer salsa, Swiss cheese and lettuce.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mozzarella, Cheddar, Provolone.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 226 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||76 %|
|Vitamin C:||82 %|