This recipe is taken from the 1995 Milk Calendar. This is the Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1/2 lb (225 g) elbow macaroni (approx 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) Canadian Medium Cheddar grated or diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg - optional
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce - optional
- Dash of Tabasco sauce - optional
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook macaroni according to package directions until just tender but firm. Drain well.
Meanwhile, combine milk, Canadian Cheddar, eggs, flour, butter, mustard and pepper in a food processor or blender. Process until blended.
Return macaroni to the pot. Add cheese sauce. Cook gently, stirring constantly, until mixture is creamy, smooth and thick - 3 to 5 min. Season to taste with nutmeg, Worcestershire and Tabasco, if desired. Serve immediately.