Stuffed Mozza PeppersOur dietitians' favourite
Tuna combined with veggies and creamy mozzarella stuffed into peppers makes for a portable, nutritious and delicious lunch ' ready to go in 5 minutes!
- Prep: 5 min
- 4 small red, green or yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 1 % or 2 % plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) basil pesto
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed Canadian Mozzarella
- 1 can (6 oz /170 g) chunk tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Halve peppers lengthwise, remove core, seeds and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt and pesto. Stir in Canadian Mozzarella, tuna, carrot and celery. Spoon mixture into prepared peppers.
For a tasty tuna sandwich with a twist, serve tuna mixture on whole grain bread or in a flavoured wrap lined with lettuce or baby spinach leaves. Also fantastic on a bed of greens!
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||20 % / 216 mg|
|Vitamin A:||32 %|
|Vitamin B12:||105 %|
|Vitamin C:||160 %|