This is the Stuffed Tex-Mex Mac & Cheese Peppers recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min - 45 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Havarti diced
- 6 bell peppers your choice, cut in half and seeds removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large quantity of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions but cook for 1 minute less. This will keep the pasta al dente. Drain in a colander.
Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
While the pasta is cooking, mix Ricotta with taco seasoning, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Add cooked macaroni, kidney beans and Havarti. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Stuff peppers with the preparation and place in an oven-safe dish. Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook a further 15 minutes.
Serve warm with salsa, green salad and avocado.
Cheese alternatives for Canadian Havarti: Canadian Cheddar, Mozzarella.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving