This recipe is taken from the 1996 Milk Calendar. This is the Super Spaghetti with Walnuts recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) walnuts chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1 lb (450 g) spaghetti
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan and add the walnuts. Cook for 2 min, stirring frequently. Add the beef and onion, cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink. Add the garlic and tomato, cooking 2 min more. Stir in the salt, pepper and flour, then add the red and green bell peppers. Cook for 2 min, then add the milk, tomato paste, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and oregano. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until just tender but firm (al dente). When pasta is ready, drain well. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and serve.