This is the Sweet Potato Gratin with Migneron de Charlevoix recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 large potatoes peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 5 1/2 oz (160 g) Canadian Migneron de Charlevoix cheese or Canadian Cantonnier de Warwick cheese shredded
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Butter a 10-inch (25 cm) square gratin dish generously and sprinkle with chopped garlic. Cover the base with slices of potato. Pour over a little cream and sprinkle with grated Migneron cheese. Cover with slices of sweet potato, pour over some more cream and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until the dish is full, reserving enough cheese to sprinkle on the top.
Mix the milk and the broth. Season with salt and pepper, then pour over the gratin.
Sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the gratin is golden.