This is the Thai-style shrimp and Cheddar spring rolls recipe.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 lb (450 g) raw shrimp shelled
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grilled sesame seed oil
- 1 pinch crushed chilies
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 15% or 18% thick cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) peanut butter
- 16 large rice sheets
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetables (pepper, carrot, cucumber, etc.) julienned
- 2 cups (500 mL) lettuce shredded
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 7 oz (210 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar cut into sticks
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat grill to high heat. On a large square of aluminum foil, place shrimp, garlic, honey, lime juice, oil and crushed chilies. Cover with a second square of aluminum foil and seal tightly.
Cook on grill for 5–7 minutes. Mix cream and peanut butter. Add shrimp and 2–3 tbsp (30–45 ml) of the cooking juice to the peanut butter mixture and let cool. Place rice sheets in warm water to moisten them, about 10–12 seconds.
Transfer onto a clean cloth. Divide the shrimp, vegetables, lettuce, cilantro and Medium Cheddar onto the bottom third of each sheet, leaving 1˝ (2.5 cm) unfilled on each side. To form the rolls, fold both sides of the sheet over the filling, then roll up tightly.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Gouda, Provolone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 245 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||43 %|