This is the Tiramisu Cheesecake recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 45 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 17 cookies)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter melted
- 6 cake-like ladyfingers cut crosswise in half, separated into strips or 14 Savoiardi cookies cut crosswise in half
- 1 tsp (5 mL) instant coffee granules
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) coffee liqueur
- 2 pkgs (8 oz/250 g each) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Mascarpone cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sour cream
- Chocolate curls (optional)
Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Butter side of the pan. Line side of the pan with strips of ladyfingers, rounded side out and cut end down; set aside. If your using sugar-coated ladyfingers, remove excess sugar to prevent them from burning while cooking or making the removal from the mould difficult.
Dissolve coffee granules in liqueur; set aside.
Beat Canadian Cream cheese and Canadian Mascarpone until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar, corn starch and vanilla. Add eggs, all at once; beat until just combined. Stir in coffee mixture. Pour filling into prepared pan.
Bake in 350 °F (180 °C) oven 45 minutes or until centre appears nearly set when gently shaken. Remove from oven.
Spread sour cream to within 1 inch (2.5 cm) of edge of hot cheesecake. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes. Remove side of pan and cool completely. Chill well. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Make sure to warm the chocolate slightly until the texture is pliable. Use a microwave, at 'defrost', for approximately 1 minute per square or hold the wrapped square in the palm of your hand until chocolate softens slightly.
When chocolate is ready to be used, use a vegetable peeler over the smooth surfaces of the square. Use a toothpick to lift the curls without breaking them.
Do-ahead tip: Wrap chilled cheesecake in foil and freeze for up to 1 week.
Learn more about
|Vitamin A:||242 mg|