This is the Tomato, Ravioli and Havarti Soup recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cans (796 mL) tomatoes no salt added
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced tomato paste no salt added
- 1 pkg (340 g) meat ravioli
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sun-dried tomato pesto or basil pesto
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Havarti finely diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion 2–3 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Let simmer 10 minutes, covered.
Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to instructions on packaging. Drain and reserve.
Purée the tomato mixture while adding milk and pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper and reheat.
Divide tomato soup among bowls, add ravioli and garnish with Havarti cheese.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Gouda, Cheddar, Mozzarella
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||28 % / 312 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||21 %|
|Vitamin C:||50 %|
|Vitamin E:||29 %|