This is the Tri-Colour Penne recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 3 2/3 cups (910 mL) penne
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) basil pesto
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chopped broccoli
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 10 min or until almost tender. Drain and return to pot.
Whisk flour into milk and pour over pasta. Stir in pesto. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Gently add broccoli. Reheat about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomato halves and serve, sprinkled with the Parmesan.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 269 mg|
|Vitamin C:||102 %|