This is the Trout Fillets with Peppers and Gré des Champs recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 4 large tomatoes diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 hot pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 (5 oz/150 g) trout fillets
- 1 tsp (5 mL) capers drained and chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Gré des champs cheese*
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Sauté onions, tomatoes, pepper, hot pepper and garlic in a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut 4 large rectangles of aluminium foil. Butter the inside with a pastry brush, then shape foil to form a raised edge all around.
Spread the vegetable mixture in the middle of each rectangle and top with a slice of trout. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with capers and parsley and top with Canadian Gré des champs. Seal the edges of the each foil rectangle to form a bag (papillotes). Cook on the grill for 15 minutes.
Jean Soulard, Executive Chef, Le Château Frontenac
** Alternative to BBQ: 15 mins in 350°F (180 °C) oven.
* Instead of Canadian Le Gré des Champs , try this recipe with Canadian Victor et Berthold or Canadian Le Cendré .