This is the Turkey Breast Stuffed with Cranberries and Nuts, with Rougette de Brigham Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min - 40 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) spinach blanched and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 skinless turkey breast (about 1 lb 5 oz / 600 g), de-boned
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Rougette de Brigham cheese sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Mix together all the stuffing ingredients. Season to taste.
Open out the turkey breast, cutting lengthwise towards the thickest part, but do not cut right through (butterfly style); flatten with a butcher's mallet or a saucepan. Place the slices of cheese inside the turkey breast and cover with the stuffing. Close and secure with toothpicks.
Place on a buttered ovenproof dish. Brush turkey with butter and cook in the centre of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, brushing twice again with melted butter.
Serve the stuffed turkey breast with green vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Try this recipe with Canadian D'Iberville or Canadian Le Fêtard cheese.