Vegetables are always a pleasure to eat, especially when stuffed with turkey and Mozzarella cheese. This recipe stars bell peppers, tomatoes and zucchini with a tasty turkey stuffing, which are then covered with a layer of melted cheese to make a delicious gratin. Ready in under 30 minutes!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) baby spinach chopped
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) turkey stuffing leftovers or a mixture of cooked sausage meat and bread crumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) turkey cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato juice or vegetable juice
- 6 medium size tomatoes tops removed and emptied or 3 bell peppers cut in half and emptied or 3 zucchinis cut in half lengthwise, and emptied
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Canadian Mozzarella shredded
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
In skillet, melt butter over high heat, and sauté onion and garlic 2 minutes. Add spinach, stir well and cook 1 more minute. Stir in stuffing mix, turkey and tomato juice. Remove from heat.
Arrange tomatoes (bell peppers or zucchinis) in an ovenproof plate. Distribute mixture evenly inside vegetables.
Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella and bake 20 minutes.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 101 mg|
|Vitamin C:||35 %|