Turkey, orange and Monterey Jack fajitasOur dietitians' favourite
This is the Turkey, orange and Monterey Jack fajitas recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion minced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 bell pepper (your choice) cut into strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- pinch of ground cumin
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked turkey breast minced or shredded
- 4 large or 8 small 9-grain tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) lettuce shredded
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Canadian Monterey Jack grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large skillet, melt butter and brown onion, garlic and peppers for 3–4 minutes. Add spices. Cook 2 minutes.
Mix orange juice, salsa and barbecue sauce. Pour into skillet and let simmer for 3–4 minutes.
Add cooked turkey and cook until hot.
Place skillet on table and serve with reheated tortillas so that everyone can prepare their own fajita using the hot turkey mixture, lettuce and grated Monterey Jack.
Garnish with cilantro.
Variations:Canadian Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||33 % / 361 mg|
|Vitamin C:||111 %|