Try this recipe for turkey scallopini with mushrooms sautéed in butter, served in a cream sauce with Grizzly Gouda and accompanied by a lovely crispy tuile of this same cheese. You and your guests will appreciate this different and delicious way to prepare turkey.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 oz (30 g) finely shredded Grizzly Gouda
- 1 1/2 oz (45 g) coarsely shredded Grizzly Gouda
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 10 oz (300 g) turkey cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) assorted mushrooms (portobello, oyster, shiitake, enoki, white, etc.), sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 18 % cream
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) baby arugula or baby spinach
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, form two discs with finely shredded Gouda to make tuiles. Bake in the oven until crisp, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
Lower oven temperature to 325 °F (160 °C).
In a skillet over high heat, melt butter and sauté turkey cutlets for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish and continue cooking in the oven while preparing the sauce.
In the same skillet, sauté garlic and mushrooms. Season with pepper. Deglaze with white wine, add cream and coarsely shredded Gouda. Stir until cheese is melted.
Arrange cutlets on plates and top with sauce. Garnish with arugula and a Gouda tuile.
Note: Gouda tuiles may be cooked in advance and reserved at room temperature.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 330 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||127 %|
|Vitamin B6:||62 %|