Indulge in the rich and creamy flavours of our take on a classic Turkish Egg recipe - perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch!
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 15 minutes
- Feta Yogurt
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) Canadian feta cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) Canadian Greek yogurt (made with whole milk, at room temperature)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne
- ½ tsp (3 ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tablespoons (30-45 ml) fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ tsp (3 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (3 ml) pepper
- Spicy Garlic Butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canadian salted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ tsp (3 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red pepper flakes
- Top with
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Canadian salted butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) arugula
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh dill, chopped
- 1 mini cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canadian feta cheese, crumbled
- Serve with
- Sourdough bread, toasted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Using a food processor or a blender combine the Canadian feta, Canadian greek yogurt, cayenne, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Pulse until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides if needed, about 3 minutes. The feta/yogurt mixture can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Spicy Garlic Butter:
In a small saucepan, melt together the Canadian butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Once aromatic, remove from heat and set aside.
Heat 3 tbsp Canadian butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the eggs and fry to your liking. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside.
Add the arugula to a bowl, toss with lemon zest, and juice.
To serve, spread the feta/yogurt mixture into the bottom of each individual serving bowl. Add the eggs, spoon the spicy garlic butter over the eggs and top with arugula, dill, cucumber and feta. Serve with sourdough bread.