This recipe is taken from the 2014 Milk Calendar. "A smoothie is a refreshing and healthy way to beat the summer heat."
- Recipe from Sandra Willard from Thornloe, Ontario.
- Prep: 5 min
- 1 banana peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt or fruit-flavoured yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen mixed fruit
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a blender, combine banana, yogurt, milk, fruit, honey and vanilla extract and purée until smooth. Pour into tall chilled glasses and serve immediately.
For a thicker smoothie, freeze the banana until solid and use frozen fruit.
Use chocolate milk and omit the honey.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 258 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||45 %|
|Vitamin C:||61 %|
|Vitamin D:||20 %|