This is the Vegetable Pan Haggerty recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 45 min - 50 min
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) canola oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 cup (250 mL) rutabaga julienned
- 1 cup (250 mL) turnip julienned
- 1 cup (250 mL) potatoes julienned
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp (90 mL) unsalted butter melted
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Cheddar* cheese grated
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
Heat oil in an ovenproof gratin pan, add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until softened but not colored.
In a strainer, drain vegetables to remove moisture. Pat dry with paper towel. Place a layer of rutabaga over onion, brush with melted butter, add salt and pepper and sprinkle on Canadian Cheddar cheese. Top with turnips and more butter, cheese, salt and pepper. Top with potatoes and repeat. Add a final layer of cheese. Place in oven and bake 45 minutes, till cooked through and golden.
*For this recipe, try also with grated Canadian Brick cheese, Canadian Farmers or Canadian Colby.
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||18 % / 196 mg|