This is the Vegetarian Couscous with Feta recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 stalks of celery thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) green beans cut in pieces
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable stock
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) medium grain whole wheat semolina (couscous)
- 1 19 oz can (540 mL) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh oregano chopped or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh mint chopped or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried mint
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Feta diced or crumbled
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic, onion, celery, pepper and beans. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, orange juice and stock. Bring to a boil, season and add the hot pepper sauce.
Add the wheat semolina (couscous), stir and cover. Turn off the heat and let stand for about 5 minutes or until the semolina has absorbed nearly all the liquid. Use a fork to separate the grains if necessary. Add the chickpeas, herbs and Feta, mix well and serve immediately.
Suggestion:The Vegetarian Couscous with Feta can be served cold. Let cool before adding the Feta, and use a little olive oil and orange juice as a dressing.
Bocconcini, Mozzarella, Gouda, Cheddar, Havarti, etc.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving