An exciting twist on a classic summer salad. Celery, toasted walnuts, apples, mixed berries, all tossed in a creamy dressing - using half and half cream, sour cream and Greek yogurt.
Recipe from Chef Michael Allemeier.
- Prep: 20 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 10 % half-and-half cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 red delicious apple cored, quartered and diced (skin on)
- 1 2/3 cups (410 mL) assorted berries (such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or quartered strawberries, if large)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 - 10 whole butter lettuce leaves
- 10 - 12 celery leaves
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large bowl, stir together cream, sour cream, yogurt, and lemon juice. Stir in celery, 3/4 cup (180 mL) of the walnuts and apples. Gently fold in berries. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a bowl or on a serving platter, arrange lettuce leaves and gently spoon salad on top. Garnish with remaining walnuts and celery leaves.
For tender and sweeter celery, peel the back part of the celery rib with a vegetable peeler; this really changes the flavour and nature of celery!
Celery leaves can be found in the heart of the celery.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 70 mg|
|Vitamin C:||29 %|