Hot new taste trend: Cheeses made for grilling. More and more Canadian cheese makers are creating traditional cheeses like Queso Fresco, Paneer and Halloumi. If you haven’t discovered them yet, it’s time to find out how delicious and versatile they are.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Paneer cheese cut into large cubes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola or olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) miso (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili flakes
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) green beans, blanched
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley chopped
Preheat oven to 500 °F (260 °C) or barbecue to medium-high heat.
If oven-cooked, spread out Paneer cheese on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Grill cheese in the oven for about 5–7 minutes or on barbecue for about 5 minutes, turning cubes at least once.
In a large bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients, toss and serve with the grilled cheese cubes.
Canadian Cheese alternatives: Halloumi, Queso Fresco
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 187 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|
|Vitamin E:||14 %|