A just-out-of-the-oven, bubbling dip zesty with Canadian Cheddar cheese and flavourful roasted mushrooms offers a warm welcome to guests for holiday entertaining. You can make it a couple of days ahead and have it ready in the fridge to bake up as guests arrive. Serve plenty of crispy vegetables sticks and fresh baguette slices for dipping.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 50 min - 1 h
- 1 lb (500 g) mushrooms (cremini and/or white) chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried rosemary crumbled
- 8 oz (250 g) brick-style Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 1 cups (375 mL) shredded old or extra-old Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp green onion finely chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
On a rimmed baking sheet, combine mushrooms, butter, thyme, rosemary and pepper to taste. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring twice, or until mushrooms are browned and dry. Let cool.
In a bowl, mash softened cream cheese. Stir in roasted mushrooms, Cheddar and green onion. Pack into a 4-cup (1 L) baking dish. Bake right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Uncover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with baguette and vegetables for dipping.
Cremini mushrooms have a deeper mushroom flavour than white mushrooms and work particularly well in this dip, though white mushrooms are plenty tasty, too. Use all of one variety of mushroom or a mixture of the two.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 118 mg|