This recipe is taken from the 1995 Milk Calendar. This is the Wheat 'N Oat Pancakes recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking fowder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
Combine oats and milk. Let stand 5 min.
Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
Beat eggs, oil and vanilla into oat mixture with whisk or fork just until blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Do not over mix. Mixture should still be lumpy.
Place lightly buttered skillet on medium heat. Cook, using about 1/3 cup (80 ml) batter for each pancake, until bubbles form on surface. Turn and brown other side.
Serve warm with butter and maple syrup, as desired.