This is the Whole Wheat Nachos with Corn and Three Cheeses recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 3 6-1/2 inches (16 cm) whole wheat pitas
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) shredded Canadian old Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn kernels thawed if frozen
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sliced black olives
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- Chopped fresh chives
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Cut each pita into 8 wedges and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 7,8 minutes or until crisp. Let cool.
In a small bowl, mix together cheeses. Preheat broiler. Spread the pita wedges out onto a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with half the corn, olives and tomatoes and 1/3 cup (80 mL) of the cheese. Repeat with remaining corn, olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle all over with remaining cheese.
Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Slice nachos onto a serving platter and top with sour cream.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 260 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||23 %|