Farmer-Focused Organizations & Resources
A recent study showed that farmers are at higher risk for mental health concerns like stress, anxiety, and depression than the general population. Here, DFC has assembled several links and resources on mental health for dairy farmers.
These resources are intended to better connect our farmers with available tools created by experts:
- Do More Agriculture Foundation
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
- Canadian Centre for Agricultural Wellbeing (CCAW)
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Farms: Exploring the Connection between Mental Health and Farm Business Management
If you are in distress, please contact your nearest crisis centre. If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your local emergency department.