By Les Producteurs de lait du Québec
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 2 lb (1 Kg) 1 bag mussels
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) President's Choice Normandy Style butter
- 2 small onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) President's Choice Splendido Original Italian Magic Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) 15 % or 18 % table cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil or fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Rinse mussels and remove beards. Discard any open mussels. Set aside. In large, heavy bottomed saucepan, sauté onions and garlic in butter until onions are soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in Italian Magic Sauce and white wine. Boil for 1 minute. Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels open, 2 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and discard any that do not open. With slotted spoon, transfer mussels to serving dish.
Stir cream and basil into cooking liquid and warm up without boiling, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour liquid over mussels and serve.