This is the Almond Diamond Cookies recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 18 min - 20 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) butter softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange rind
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 4 cups (1 L) All Purpose Flour Five Roses
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Combine butter, sugar, orange rind, vanilla and salt until fluffy. Stir in flour 1/2 cup (125 mL) at a time into butter mixture until well combined.
Press dough evenly into a buttered 15 x 10-in (38 x 25 cm) rimmed baking sheet. Brush evenly with milk. Sprinkle with almonds and press lightly into dough. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Starting in one corner, slice into bars. Rotate pan and slice again starting at the opposite corner to make diamond shapes. Let cool in pan on rack.