This is the Apple Pecan Muffins with Brick recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 22 min - 25 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Brick
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 1/3 cup (330 mL) peeled apples (Crispin, Spartan, Idared, Cortland) diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Butter 12 nonstick muffin pans or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, cheese, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in apples and pecans.
In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, sugar and butter. Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin pan. For a presentation purpose, sprinkle with extra diced apples and chopped toasted pecans.
Bake for about 22- 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
If brown sugar is lumpy, pass through a sieve or crumble with finger tips.
Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of chopped crystallized ginger to dry ingredients.
Substitute Canadian Cheddar for the Brick.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 167 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||14 %|