Discover a new way to make pizza. First, add a little applesauce to the tomato sauce and use Swiss cheese instead of traditional Mozzarella. Then prepare a salad with baby spinach and cubed apples to serve as a side dish or to add as a topping once the pizza comes out of the oven. Freshness, taste and texture guaranteed!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 7 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) apple sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pre-baked 16-inch (40 cm) pizza crust
- 1 small red onion minced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) Canadian Swiss shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach cut into strips
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Combine pizza sauce with apple sauce and season. Spread on pizza crust and garnish with red onion. Combine parsley with Swiss cheese and sprinkle over pizza.
Bake on middle oven rack for 5-7 minutes or until cheese turns golden. Serve immediately or cool to serve at lunch or as a snack. Cut into bite-sized pieces and store in sealed container.
Meanwhile, combine olive oil and vinegar. Add apples and spinach, season, and toss well. Serve on top of chilled pizza or as a side dish.
Canadian Gouda, Mozzarella or Provolone offer very tempting alternatives to Swiss.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 88 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||16 %|