This is the Apricot and Gouda Scones recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 17 min - 20 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple juice or orange juice
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Gouda shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
Place dried apricots in a small saucepan. Add apple or orange juice and bring to a boil. Let simmer 5 minutes, covered, then let cool.
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients with Gouda cheese. Using a fork, incorporate butter into dry ingredients, adding milk while stirring. Add the apricot mixture to dough.
Distribute dough in big spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven 12–15 minutes or until scones are golden brown.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Cheddar, Provolone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 173 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||13 %|