Crisp and crunchy, fresh and festive, here’s a salad with flavour that sparkles like sun on fresh snow.
- Prep: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger grated
- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach
- 2 cups (500 mL) radicchio thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 3 clementines or mandarins peeled and divided into segments
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Feta roughly crumbled
- 1 can (227 mL) water chestnuts drained, rinsed and sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds toasted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a jar or salad dressing mixer bottle, combine oils with soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger. Close lid and shake.
In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients including Feta except the sesame seeds.
Just before serving, add the salad dressing and sesame seeds; toss well. Serve immediately.
Note: This satisfying vegetarian dish is also great with shredded beef, turkey or chicken.
Canadian Cheese alternatives: Bocconcini, Blue cheese, Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 140 mg|
|Vitamin C:||54 %|
|Vitamin E:||17 %|