This is the Asparagus and Brie Wonton Tart recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 12 wonton wrappers thawed*
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 18 asparagus spears cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 shallot chopped
- 6 oz (180 g) chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sherry vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 oz (120 g) Caandian Brie sliced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
Brush wonton wrappers with 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter and place in a pie dish so that the bottom and sides are covered.
In a saucepan, melt remaining butter on medium heat and cook asparagus for 2 minutes. Reserve in a bowl.
In the same saucepan, cook shallot and chicken for 5 minutes.
Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add vinegar and reduce once again by half. Pour over asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
Spread out chicken-asparagus mixture in the pie dish and top with Brie. Bake on bottom oven rack 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
*Thaw the wonton wrappers overnight in the refrigerator.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Camembert.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 96 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||35 %|