This simple but sophisticated appetizer is a great new way to showcase everyone’s favourite spring vegetable.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 24 wonton wrappers thawed*
- 2 1/2 tbsp (40 mL) butter
- 24 asparagus spears cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sherry vinegar
- white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Brie sliced
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
Brush wonton wrappers with 11⁄2 tbsp (25 mL) melted butter and press 2 wrappers into each mould of a muffin pan.
In a saucepan, melt remaining butter on medium heat and cook asparagus for 2 minutes. Reserve in a bowl.
In the same saucepan, cook shallot for 2 minutes.
Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add vinegar and reduce once again by half. Pour over asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
Divide asparagus and Brie among muffin moulds lined with wonton wrappers.
Bake on bottom oven rack for 15 minutes or until wonton wrappers are golden brown. *Thaw the wonton wrappers overnight in the refrigerator.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Camembert, Havarti, Gouda.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 55 mg|