This is the Atlantic Salmon a l'Italienne recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 2 lemons
- 1 onion minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
- Zest and juice of one large orange
- 4 (5 oz/150 g each) salmon fillets
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh coriander chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) pitted green olives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Provolone* cheese grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Wash and dry one of the lemons. Cut into slices.
Cut 4 sheets of double-thickness wide aluminum foil. Butter the inside with a brush.
In a frying pan, sauté onion in a little oil. After a few minutes, add vinegar and cook for 5 minutes more.
Place a little of this mixture on each sheet of foil. Place a fillet of salmon on top of the mixture and top with lemon slices.
Grate the zest of the orange and squeeze the orange and the second lemon. In a pan, reduce juice by half. Pour juice into the foil parcels and sprinkle with ginger and coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a few olives and some Canadian Provolone cheese. Close the packages and place on the grill**. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Jean Soulard, Executive Chef, Le Château Frontenac
** Alternative to BBQ: 15 minutes in 350 °F (180 °C) oven.
* Instead of Canadian Provolone cheese, try this recipe with Canadian Gouda or Caciocavallo or Trecce.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||19 % / 194 mg|