Autumn HashOur dietitians' favourite
This is the Autumn Hash recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 45 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) potatoes diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) celeriac diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper (your choice), diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) butternut squash diced or grated
- 1 lb (450) extra-lean ground beef and/or veal
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) corn kernels fresh or thawed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced Canadian Havarti
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Place potatoes and celeriac in a saucepan. Cover with salted cold water and bring to a boil. Let cook 15–20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
In the meantime, in a large skillet, melt butter and brown onion, garlic, pepper, celery and squash for 3–4 minutes.
Add meat and cook thoroughly.
Mix in corn and season.
Transfer to an oven-safe dish.
Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
Drain potatoes and celeriac. Mash with a potato masher, adding milk and parsley. Season.
Spread mashed potatoes and celeriac onto meat mixture and top with Havarti.
Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until hash is thoroughly hot and cheese is golden brown.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 261 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||98 %|
|Vitamin C:||58 %|