This is the Avocado and Chicken Salad recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h
- Choice of lettuce shredded
- 1 lb (450 g) cooked chicken diced
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) peeled and diced avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped red bell pepper
- Creamy Chive Dressing
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped chives
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) choice of flavoured vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- Pepper to taste
Line bottom of 4 salad plates generously with lettuce. Fill with chicken and avocado. Sprinkle with lemon juice and top with dressing. Garnish with red pepper and half lemon slices. Serve cold with crusty bread.
Creamy Chive Dressing:
Place first 6 ingredients in food processor and purée until smooth. Add pinch of sugar and season to taste with pepper. Mix well. Transfer into bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||14 % / 151 mg|