This is the Bacon and Provolone frittata recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bacon or pancetta cut into thin strips
- 2 small zucchini cut into thin disks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red bell peppers diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 6 eggs
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Provolone sliced
Preheat grill to medium, then preheat a cast-iron skillet on the grill.
Brown the bacon or pancetta in the hot skillet.
Add zucchini and bell peppers, and cook 4–5 minutes. Add curry powder and season.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine flour with milk and blend in eggs. Mix well.
Pour egg mixture into skillet, cover with cheese and cook 7–10 minutes with lid closed. Divide into portions and serve.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 237 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||55 %|
|Vitamin C:||38 %|