This recipe is taken from the 1994 Milk Calendar. A perfect dish for brunch. Everyone will love it. Serve it with maple syrup!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Cooked Apples
- 4 cooking apples (Golden Delicious, Spy, Empire or Cortland) peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- Pancake Batter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar sifted
Melt 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter in a 12-inch (30 cm) non-stick skillet. Add apples to pan and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook for 10 min or until apples are very tender and any liquid in pan has evaporated. (If skillet is not ovenproof, transfer apples to a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish.)
Meanwhile, in a blender, food processor or with a whisk, blend the eggs with flour, milk, sugar and melted butter. Blend until smooth. Pour batter over the cooked apples.
Bake in a preheated 425 °F (220 °C) oven for 25 min until browned and puffed. Serve from pan or invert onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve in wedges.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 79 mg|
|Vitamin A:||19 %|
|Vitamin B12:||24 %|