Baked Courtenay Cheddar, Sun Dried Tomato and Artichoke Dip
Serve this baked dip with corn tortillas, pitas or grilled sour dough bread and let the sharing begin.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 30 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) natural Little Qualicum Fromage Frais room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Courtenay Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water packed artichokes chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sun- dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) pesto
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh basil chopped, optional
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley chopped, optional
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
In a medium bowl, with a wooden spoon, combine Fromage Frais and sour cream until smooth. Stir in Cheddar cheese, artichokes, tomatoes, pepper flakes and pepper; taste and adjust seasoning. Stir in pesto.
Spoon into shallow 2 cup (500 mL) baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through and bubbling around the edges. Sprinkle with fresh basil and parsley, if using.
Serve with corn tortillas, pitas or grilled sour dough bread.
The fresh herbs and the pesto are optional but they do bring freshness to the dish. Kick up the heat and increase the amount of hot pepper flakes.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||29 % / 318 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||23 %|