This British-inspired meal is easy to make with juicy tender sausages served on a thick polenta, perfectly creamy and topped with Parmesan cheese to create an exquisite unique taste. Perfect for breakfast or weekend brunch.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 6 sausages / veal poultry or your choice
- 3 cups (750 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sun-dried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) cornmeal
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Parmesan grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chives chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a skillet, cook sausages on low heat until thoroughly cooked.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil with sun-dried tomatoes. Gradually stir in cornmeal with a wooden spoon and let cook on medium-low heat, stirring often, until thick and creamy. Blend in Canadian Parmesan and half of chives. Add pepper to taste.
In a bowl, mix remaining chives, parsley, basil and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve polenta with the sausages.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Sharp Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 135 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||54 %|