Barley and wild rice salad with Parmesan
This is the Barley and wild rice salad with Parmesan recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pearl barley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) wild rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 15% cooking cream or 18% cooking cream
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) Canadian Parmesan shaved or coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Polish or garlic sausage diced or sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dill or garlic pickles diced or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cucumber sliced with a mandoline
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Endive leaves or lettuce (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cook barley and wild rice in a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water for 20–30 minutes or until tender.
Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
Place in a serving bowl.
Add remaining ingredients, toss, adjust seasoning, garnish with endive leaves or lettuce and serve.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 230 mg|