This is the BBQ Steamed Asian Mussels recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- 2 lbs (1 Kg) fresh mussels
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bottled herb BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped shallots or onions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Crusty bread
Preheat grill to medium-high. Scrub and debeard mussels, discarding any that don't close when tapped.
Blend butter with flour until smooth. Combine butter mixture with wine, teriyaki sauce, shallots, lime juice and garlic. Take a rectangle of heavy-duty foil and seal on three sides to form a bag (or use a pre-prepared 'hot bag'). Put sauce and mussels into the bag and seal tightly.
Slide bag onto grill and cook, turning and rotating bag occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any unopened mussels.
Serve mussels with cooking juices in bowls. Sprinkle with coriander, if desired, and serve with bread.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||9 % / 91 mg|