This is the Beans and Colby Snack recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chilli powder
- 1/2 lb (225 g) lean ground beef
- Jalapeno peppers to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (13 oz / 398 mL) kidney beans
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh coriander chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) Canadian Colby cheese grated
- 1 baguette sliced
In a large frying pan, heat butter and sauté onion. Add chilli powder and ground beef, cook over medium heat. Drain off excess fat. Mix in jalapeno peppers, garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes and kidney beans.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, lower heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add coriander.
Toast bread slices under broiler. Top bread slices with half the grated Canadian Colby cheese, spread bean mixture over it, then top with rest of cheese. Brown under broiler.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||96 % / 962 mg|