This is the Beef Tenderloin in Madeira Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 lb (450 g) beef tenderloin
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced shallots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Madeira wine or sherry
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Cut beef tenderloin into 4 thick slices.
Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL ) of the butter and oil in a large skillet. Cook beef over medium heat for 10 min, turning once. Remove and keep warm in 225 °F (100 °C) oven.
Add remaining butter to skillet and stir in vegetables. Cook for 5 min or until vegetables are softened.
Add Madeira and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue to boil until Madeira is syrupy in consistency. Add cream and mustard, simmer for 3 to 4 min or until slightly thickened. Season to taste. Pour over the beef and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 74 mg|
|Vitamin A:||70 %|
|Vitamin B12:||106 %|
|Vitamin B6:||27 %|