This easy, elegant dessert with its luscious warm berries is totally seductive.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 2 min - 3 min
- Refrigeration: 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Quark cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 15 % cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) pound cake cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) frozen blueberries thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries sliced
Beat together Quark, cream, icing sugar and extract. Refrigerate until needed.
Just before serving, in heavy skillet over medium heat, melt together butter and sugar. Add thawed blueberries. Sauté 2 minutes. Stir in strawberries. Remove from heat.
Divide pound cake into 4 glasses. Add warm berries, reserving some for garnish, if desired. Spoon in Quark mixture and serve.
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||7 % / 72 mg|